Types of injuries usually treated by a chiropractor include:
- Low back pain
- Disc herniation
- Temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction
- Mid/upper back pain
- Neck pain
- Lateral (tennis elbow) or medial (golfers elbow) epicondylosis
- Shoulder impingement
- Rotator cuff injury or dysfunction
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Wrist injuries
- Various running and sport injuries
- Frozen shoulder
- Hip pain
- Knee injuries/issues
- Achilles tendinosis
- Plantar fasciosis
- Groin pulls/tears
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains or tears
- Nerve entrapments
- Arthritis/Osteoarthritis/Degenerative joint disease
- Repetitive strain or cumulative trauma (muscles/tissue overuse)
- Pre and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Ankle spains
- Shin splints
Carpal tunnel syndrome Dr. Frantzen utilizes a diversified technique including Joint mobilization and manipulation, soft tissue injury techniques (Active Release Techniques, Graston Technique), Neuro-proprioceptive taping (Kinesiology Tape), electrotherapeutic modalities and rehabilitation exercises.
A chiropractor addresses soft tissue injuries and joint biomechanics as well as the neural information system to speed up recovery from injuries, restore proper function and improve performance. Dr. Frantzen effectively incorporates this approach to his treatments. On the first visit, Dr. Frantzen will conduct a thorough medical history and physical exam including neurological, orthopaedic and functional assessment while comprehensively examining soft tissue, joint and nervous system function. This comprehensive assessment is then followed up with the implementation of a customized treatment plan, drawing form a combination of therapies that include:
- Active Release Techniques® (ART®) uses motion to locate and to break up scar tissue and adhesions that can form due to direct injury or repetitive movement over time.
- Chiropractic Manipulation techniques are used to normalize joint mechanics.
- Graston Technique uses a specially-designed tool to identify and treat areas of fascial tension to improve quality of movement and to treat injuries.
- Performance Taping uses elastic kinesiology tape in a specialized manner to correct muscle function and improve neuro-motor control.
- Orthotics are custom made shoe inserts that help to treat biomechanical foot disorders. You will leave with a thorough understanding of your specific injury and will be provided with educational tools to prevent re-injury and aggravation.
Dr. Frantzen will guide you through a progressive rehabilitation program and teach you how to manage your injury at home and on the field.
A manipulation is a controlled and precise movement used to restore and enhance function in dysfunctional joints.
Dr. Frantzen values the importance of interdisciplinary care. He will often consult and work together with orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians, physiotherapists and massage therapists to provide patients with the most effective care.